Friday, August 27

Changing favicon of the blog

So, if you are a regular viewer of my blog :P then you must have already noticed the change in my blog. Yeah... today, I thought of changing my blog's favicon from the default blogger icon to my own photo ;) and yes thats me on your browser's tab of this blog, which we simply call it favicon or favorite icon. So I though why not share the knowledge. So if you are new, then here I will list you the steps in changing your blog's favicon.

1. The first step you need to do is to create your favicon. There are lots of site for creating favicon online. You can also find site with lots of favicon readymade for you.
Here I am listing two such sites for creating favicons:

this site for creating your own favicon from scratch
this site allows you to create favicon from image

2. Now once the favicon is created, blogger has no facility of uploading files, so you need some other image hosting site to upload your favicon.You can google it to find lots of favicon hosting sites.
Here I am listing one such site to upload your file:
upload your favicon here

3. Now once your favicon is uploaded, you need to edit your template in blogger.
So in your blog, click on 'Design' -> 'Edit Html'
and then find the html tag < head >

and just above it, add the following code:



Here you need to replace 'http://www.URL.com/favicon.ico' with the URL of your favicon file.

4. And thats it. Save it, and refresh your browser to see your new favicon in your blog. Sometimes favicon may not change at an instant because files are cached file the browser. So you need to clear the cache and view it again... Good luck with that... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment